BMC is an affiliation website. We help you find gambling sites where you can play with real money.
Many or all of the products and brands featured here are from our partners who compensate us. This may influence how the product or brand appears on a page. However, this does not influence our evaluations. Our opinions are our own.
The information on this page, including operator and game details, is updated regularly but subject to change.
Most online guides make an assumption that everyone knows what they are doing in regard to online gambling. That isn’t always true, because many of you out there may be dipping your toes into this new world. As always, we are here to help and the best place to start is learning how to open a online casino account UK.
Don’t worry if you feel like we’ve missed a step, because we’ll also give you a little guidance on choosing the UK gambling site too, including recommending a few of our favourites. Once you’ve finished this guide, we’re sure you’ll be confident enough to begin. But if you hit any bumps along the way, then we have a range of ‘how to’s’ which will alleviate those fears, including which casino bonus is best for you and best new online slot sites UK.
Which Online Casino to Choose
Before we dive into the process of registering on the site, lets take a look at the best ways to determine if a casino is right for you.
- Casino Bonuses – For many players this is the area that entices them to a gaming site first, but in all honesty it shouldn’t be. It’s nice to get something extra, but there are always terms and conditions attached such as wagering requirements and game weightings. You will find that most sites have first deposit bonuses which can be cash matches on the deposit amount or free spins. Also, there will be regular promotions which maybe cash back of the amount you wagered, or a loyalty scheme. Each site will vary, because even if their bonus is similar, you’ll probably find that the wagering multiplier isn’t. Our advice is look at a few sites and determine if the bonus is worth the conditions attached, and if the site is somewhere you will want to stay and play.
- Gaming Options – We would consider this one of the most important aspects, because it is the reason you are there in the first place. Your chosen site should have a wide range of games and demo options to make your custom worthwhile. This includes classic and progressive slots, table casino, bingo, and live dealer games.
- Customer Support – Although it may not seem important when you begin your time with a site, it is something to look into. If anything were to go wrong, such as a glitch in the game, then you will want to feel confident that the casino will sort it. Ensure that the site has a number of options available such as telephone, email and live chat, should you need any assistance. Also look for an FAQ section which will have generalised questions and answers.
- Payment Methods – A good gambling site will have a great range of banking options. They should vary to suit all players, and by that we mean debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin, pay by mobile phone bill and pay by landline bill. Research is key to choosing the right banking method because you need to establish how long it takes to deposit and withdraw casino funds, and whether there are any administration fees attached. You won’t find the option for credit cards anywhere because they were banned by the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC).
- Licence and Regulatory Bodies – Not something that most people think about when they look for a new casino site and yet it’s essential to ensure that you have safeguarded your personal information and money. Most countries will have their own gambling bodies, such as the UK Gambling Commission. They will certify that the industry is free from crime and that vulnerable people, including those who are underage, are protected. All gambling sites must be licenced by the UKGC and you can check if your casino is on their list, by heading to the site and checking their list of licensees. We would strongly advise that if they are not on the list, that you stay away. The UKGC ensures that all sites adhere to their rules, which are there to protect us. Failure to do so could lead to a fine or a removal of their licence. Other bodies such as the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) insist that their sites following a strict set of rules. If they fail to do so, then the site will have their licence removed until the matter is corrected.
- Security Software – Site security is another area that most people do not consider, until something goes wrong. But if you have chosen a UKGC licenced site then you should have chosen a casino which provides a high standard of security. Most gambling sites use the same encryption software as top financial institutions, which will be displayed towards the bottom of the screen as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
- Portability – It is important to check that your chosen gaming site is available on mobile devices, including Android, iPhone and tablets. To be honest most are since Google brought in mandatory changes for all websites to be mobile adaptable. But you want to check that the casino looks good on your chosen device, before you part with any money or personal details.
- Customer Reviews/Reputation – As you would a hotel or holiday, it is good to check out reviews for your chosen gambling site. It is always wise to see what other customers and reviewers think, because that will give you a good idea as to whether you should register. Reputation is essential in an industry where there are lots of options, so good casino brands will do everything in their power to keep their customers happy.
Our Choices for Reputable Online Gambling Sites
Even though we like to provide you with the information on how to choose a great site, we love to make life easier. So here are a few of our preferred options.
But if remaining anonymous is something you are looking for, these no account casinos might be right up your street.
How to Register or Sign Up on a New Casino?
Generally, the process is pretty easy, it just requires a few details from the player. But we’ll break it down into steps for you, so that you know what to expect.
- Once you have checked that the site is UKGC regulated, then head to the registration page. Most casinos will have a ‘sign up’, ‘join now’ or ‘play here’ button.
- The initial step is the process of signing up, which will include providing the site with basic details. This will be things like your name, address, date of birth and contact information. At this point, some sites may ask for banking preference and whether you are interested in the new player bonuses.
- You will then be asked to create a username and a password with a memorable security question. This is a pretty basic requirement when we sign up for any new accounts online. Before your account sign up is complete, you will receive an email from the casino site which will have a link within it. By clicking the link, you are confirming that you have registered that account. Some casinos provide you with the option of using your social media profile as your confirmation.
How to Deposit on a New Gambling Site
You’ve provided the registration information and opened your casino account, so the next step is making that first deposit. If you’re looking for some free gaming, then most sites will offer demo options or practice modes. Let’s take a look at what you need to do to credit your account.
- Head to the deposit or cashier page on the site.
- Pick your chosen banking option and the amount you wish to credit to your account.
- Follow the steps provided and confirm your request. The funds will then be transferred into your casino wallet, and you can begin to play.
Most sites will offer a variety of banking methods including.
- Debit Cards
- E-Wallets such as PayPal, Neteller, Skrill and Ilixium
- Pay by mobile phone bill
- Pay by landline phone bill
- Cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin
- Bank Transfers
New Account Identification Process – Know Your Customer KYC
The process of identity verification has become more stringent in recent years, especially since the introduction of the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC). The need to protect both vulnerable gamblers and the industry from criminals is pretty self-explanatory. Regulations are now in place which requires the betting site to conduct a set process of identity checks. If it is proven that they have failed to comply with these rules, then they could face the penalty of a fine and even worse, the loss of their UKGC licence. So, what exactly do you need to do and provide, so that you can gamble on a casino or betting site?
Some sites will allow players to begin betting after they have deposited, without the need for Know Your Customer clearance. The checks will occur at the point you want to withdraw any winnings, which can be incredibly frustrating for many. Some players have found that their identification is rejected, which led to their account being frozen or closed. So, our advice is to ensure that all KYC checks are fulfilled before you begin wagering. There may be ad hoc checks done by the casino, but if you keep your information up to date, then it should be ok.
The general three areas that need to be verified are;
- Proof of identification and age – You will need a government issued ID such as a passport or driver’s licence. Birth certificates can be used, but the verification process will take longer.
- Proof of Address – Utility bills or bank statements are accepted, but they must have the players name and address on them and be dated in the last three months.
- Proof of payment method(s) – this can come in many forms and is completely dependent on the banking method chosen.
Most online gambling sites have sections on your account for identification. This means that you can take a picture of the document and upload it to the site, so that they can begin their checks. Just ensure that any pictures are clear and unobstructed, or they may not be accepted by the casino.
Summary of Opening a New Online Casino Account UK
We’ve given you everything you need and more to open a casino account, so if you’re ready simply pick one of our chosen sites or your own. The process seems complicated but in reality, it only takes a few minutes and you’re done. This will always depend on the site you’ve chosen and their requirements, but most prefer to streamline their registration so that you can begin playing.
It’s always important to remember that a decent casino will have SSL encryption software, which will keep both the site and your details safe. Be sure to check if the casino is UKGC regulated by heading to their licensee registration list and also check at the bottom of the site for their security information; because that is how you know they are more reputable.